ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Write us at- email@example.com and Call us at – +91-9593447447
“An efficient telecommunications network is the foundation upon which an information society built” -Talal Abu-Ghazaleh.
Yes, we are the electronics and telecommunication engineers. If we look for the basic principles of us, the term “communication” defines our royalty as we are born to connect, invent, socialize the intellectuality and eventually expand more and more. Just like the electric waves fly long by engaging our fundamental needs and our engineering deeds, we also travelled a million miles far from the banal, customary constitution of academic existence.
This branch of engineering combines physics, mathematics with their applications to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain electronics systems. The department is fully equipped with modern laboratories, where students can apply the theoretical knowledge of technology practically to fulfil the modern industrial and social requirements.
The Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering always extends their helps to support the students. Even in the lockdown situation, virtual class was conducted for uninterrupted academic service to the students.
[table id=15 /]
- Water Level Indicator Mini Project.
- Low-Cost Fire Alarm
- Line Follower car using Microcontroller.
- Password Based Door Lock Security System Using Arduino & Keypad.
- LPG Gas Leakage Detection and Alert System
- Arduino Based Home Automation Using Bluetooth Android Smartphone
- 3 Years for 10th Pass Students.
- 2 Years for 10+2 Pass
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE ADMISSION IN POLYTECHNIC
|FOR JEXPO ADMISSION (3 YEARS)||FOR VOCLET ADMISSION (2 YEARS)|
|10th Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other needful Documents||10+2 (Vocational with Science)/ or passed
10+2/or 2 yrs ITI, Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other documents.
- Passed 10th standard or equivalent Examination with English, Mathematics & Physical science/or Science as subjects, at least 35% marks in aggregate. 30% seats are reserved for the District candidates based on JEXPO rank. Out of those 50% seats reserved for female candidates. Additional 20% of total seat get admission through lateral entry (VOCLET) in 2nd Year.
- Vocational Higher secondary (10+2) with science/or (10+2) Science with Physics, Chemistry and Math is mandatory /or ITI passed for admission to a course in Civil Engineering. Candidates passed out ITI with NCVT certificate are also be eligible.
- Course Affiliation – West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Kolkata Karigori Bhavan (2nd Floor), 110, S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata: – 700 013.
The world today runs on electronics and telecommunications. The leaps and bounds growth we’re seeing in technology and quality of life has huge contributions from electronics and telecommunications engineering. Therefore, there is a demand for talent in this stream of engineering. Overall, engineering is set to grow a strong 7% growth rate in the next decade. And this is just in India. There’s going to be a huge demand for engineering and electronics &telecommunications engineers all over the world, as it constitutes a sizeable portion in engineering. Electronics is the backbone of digital technology. Hence, if you’ve chosen to make a career in this stream, you are already on a path that has more likelihood of success and career growth.
Communications is the driving force behind the growth and development of many industries, and their need for ETCE is only going to grow in the coming years. Therefore, they will be hiring engineers in large numbers. These companies are spread across the world, and India is a massive engineering talent hub for them.
Consumer goods like mobile phones, tablets, computers, laptops, smart watches, LED Smart TVs are also becoming popular. They were once considered essentials in the developed world, but now, they are becoming popular in developing and third-world countries as well. So, the demand for such products is again going to push the employment of engineers, as more innovation in these products will be required. The electronics market of India alone is valued to be nearing $400 billion.
JOB SCOPE OF ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Students from Electronics and Telecommunications background are likely of having a future in the following types of industries:
- Mobile Communication (2G, 3G. 4G or 5G)
- Automotive Industry
- Consumer electronics manufacture organization
- IT industries
- Internet and Ethernet technologies
- Health care equipment manufacturing
- Power Electronics
- Steel Industry
- Petroleum Industry
- Chemical Industry
Opportunities for ETCE students are also available in several companies (both Governmental and Non-Governmental) in various fields like designing, manufacturing, installing, operating and subsequent maintenance of the electronics systems and corresponding equipment. In other words, there is a large scope to secure a central government job or a state government job, or a job in either of the public & private sectors.
The field for ETCE has an opportunity in two categories of companies in general, Software Industries and Telecom Industries.
Now, an electronics and telecommunication engineer can also choose to work in avionics and aviation, electricity plant, consumer electronics, electricity plant, communication & telecommunication manufacturing, radio & television, transportation, computer application, diagnostic equipment manufacturing and offshore companies. Also, students from Electronics Engineering have a lot of scopes in the following sections:
- Analog and Radio Frequency Circuits: Televisions and mobile phones wouldn’t have existed without analogue and radio frequency circuits, Wi-Fi, bandwidth would’ve been terms no one had ever heard. Consumer demands have increased tremendously over the years hence a huge number of new industries are built worldwide every year to meet the demands. Consequently, there’s a lot of scope in this field.
- Computer & Digital Systems: With the help of computers, each and every industry everywhere is now able to progress both in terms of economy and technology at a tremendous pace. And they’re literally everywhere, so obviously, this field will always be in highest demand for recruits.
- Communication and Signal Processing: Transmitting, storing and analyzing information signals have always been in peak demand whether it’s the Defence administration of the nation or a radio channel.
- Image processing and Computer vision: Nowadays, with the advancement of technology we have medical devices that can use magnetic-resonance imaging technology to identify diseases and display images at the same time. So, technologies helping furtherment in photogrammetry, surveys and different medical fields are always in need of more ideas.
- Networking:3G, 4G and even 5G services nowadays are easily experienced in almost all the accessible corners of the world which help in smooth collaborations and easy communications, both on international and domestic scales. Obviously, there is a huge amount of scope for anyone who wants to work in this field.
- Remote Sensing: Radios, smartphones, televisions and all other devices that demand a stable internet connection require smooth and stable radio waves communication. Remote sensing hence plays a pivotal role in various technologies be it navigation or mapping.
- Control Systems and Robotics: A huge number of industries are nowadays adopting robots and automation into various fields, so as to increase the general proficiency of the operations. And it can be seen that the demand is ever-increasing, so there’s a golden opportunity for anyone with interest in Robotics .
- Energy Storage Technology: There has been an exponential global increase in the demand for advanced energy storage systems, both due to the decrease in non-renewable energy sources and also raising concern for environment-friendly modes of storage. Hence both unit level and grid level energy storage systems are mandated nowadays keeping in mind the size occupancy or economic sustainability. So, there’s a huge scope in this field which will not decrease anytime soon.
- Nanotechnology: A huge number of industries nowadays are utilizing nanotechnology to make their products like solar cells or microscopic sensors or tracking chips or transistors smaller in size but more proficient. And it can be seen that with time more and more industries from different fields will resort to nanotechnology.
- Sustainable Energy and Power Systems: With the world shifting to renewable energy sources, more and more industries are investing a huge amount of financial and manual labor to generate wind energy, solar energy. bio-thermal energy or tidal energy. There is a huge scope for electronics engineers in fields like these.